It’s almost the weekend. It’s within touching distance!
Friday is my longest day in work, so I’m prone to reaching for the nearest sugary snack to get me over the hump. Today I’m a bit more prepared though, and am enjoying a slightly healthier tea break snack.
I recently got a packet of quinoa flakes as an alternative to my usual porridge oats. On the back of the packet was a recipe suggestion that seemed worth a shot. Summary version below..
- Chop up one cup of dates roughly, and then add to your blender.
- Next add half a cup of peanut butter (or any other nut butter you fancy).
- Blend the dates and peanut butter with three tablespoons of honey and a dash of water to form a sticky paste.
- Now add one and a half cups of quinoa flakes, and blitz the mixture again.
- Spread the mixture (be warned it is pretty sticky and messy!) in a baking dish, and bake for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Once cooled, chop into squares/slices/chunks.
- Boil the kettle & put your feet up!